Prostate Cancer UK Collaboration: Breaking down health inequalities in prostate cancer: a conversation with Dr. Bunmi Olajide
Naman Julka-Anderson and Jo McNamara catch up with Dr. Bunmi Olajide.
Discussion about Dr. Bunmi’s career, the role of screening within primary care, risk factors and health inequities.
To use this podcast as CPD, look at these reflection points:
- What are the current recommendations for prostate cancer screening, and how have they evolved in recent years?
- Can you discuss the pros and cons of different screening methods, such as PSA testing and digital rectal examination?
- Are there any advancements in imaging techniques for prostate cancer diagnosis?
- Can you discuss the role of active surveillance and its criteria for patient selection?
- How can healthcare professionals improve cultural competence when working with diverse populations affected by prostate cancer?
Complete this form for your accredited digital badge: https://bit.ly/3GbtR1X.
Links from podcast:
Ageing Better: https://ageing-better.org.uk/
Prostate Cancer UK (PCUK): https://prostatecanceruk.org/
Prostate Cancer signs and symptoms:: https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information-and-support/risk-and-symptoms/prostate-cancer-signs-and-symptoms.
PCUK risk checker for patients: https://prostatecanceruk.org/risk-checker
PCUK patient support links: https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information-and-support/get-support
PCUK healthcare professional online learning and CPD: https://prostatecanceruk.org/for-health-professionals/resources/active-surveillance-hub/online-learning-and-cpd
PCUK healthcare professional consultation toolkit: https://prostatecanceruk.org/for-health-professionals/resources/consultation-toolkit
PCUK healthcare professional active surveillance hub: https://prostatecanceruk.org/for-health-professionals/resources/active-surveillance-hub
Black men’s health: https://blackmenshealth.org.uk/
Please like and subscribe to Rad Chat on your podcast library.